This article outlines step by step instruction with screenshots on How to Prevent Ransomware Attacks on Your Windows 7, 8, 8.1, 10 PC (Personal Computer).
If you are new to Ransomware, you should start by reading our detail information about it by clicking HERE. In the article we focus on recommended best practice to reduce your risk of becoming Ransomware attacks victim.
How to Prevent Ransomware Attacks on Your Windows 7, 8, 8.1, 10 Computer?
To reduce your chances of attack, you need to follow the instruction below;
1) Go to your computer Control Panel
2) Click on Programs
3) Click on Turn Windows Features On or Off
4) Scroll down on the new pop-up window to locate SMB 1.0/CIFS File Sharing Support
4) Unmark to clear SMB 1.0/CIFS File Sharing Support option and click OK
5) Another pop-up window will appear, holdon for it to implement the changes you just made
6) When done it will display information that your changes has been completed. Click Restart Now to complete the process.
That is all, you have been able to reduced greatly the most vulnerable features of Windows which makes your Windows PC an easy prey to Ransomware attacked.
For other things you need to know to prevent you or your employees handling your computers from been a victim of Ransomwares, Click Here to check out other 7 helpful preventive measures.